Are you seeking a solution to keep your curls moisturised without causing any greasiness? Whether you have curly-hair or coiled hair, afro hair or mixed race hair we have experts guide to help you moisture your hair.
If you’ve fallen in love with the wild versatility of curly hair but are concerned about styling, look no further than Root2tip. We provide expert guidance and offer top-quality hair products tailored for all types of hair.
The expectations surrounding curly hair can be challenging. You may feel the pressure to achieve a smooth and shiny look, but we understand the unique struggles. If you’re searching for ways to manage and perfect your curls, Root2tip has your back with their range of organically crafted products designed to tame your curls and enhance your overall appearance. Whether you have braids, coloured hair or your hair is under a wig, this guide will help you to keep your hair moisturised this season.
Products to Stop Hair Damage on Afro Hair
Hair Moisturiser is a product that contains ingredients that help retain moisture in the hair. It does this by making your hair absorbent so that it can soak up more water and oil from the air around you. Using a good-quality Moisturiser is essential because poor-quality products can dry out your hair even further than expected!
What Are The Benefits Of Using Moisturiser
Your hair can become dry during the day because of weather, various outdoor elements, indoor heating, or cooling. It would be fair to say that almost every day is a challenge to make sure your hair looks smooth and shiny. However, merely applying shampoo wouldn’t do the trick. Instead, you have to get to the root. How do you do that? Well, the best place to start would be using a Moisturiser. Three things a good moisturiser will do :-
- Leave your hair soft all day and not just for 2 hours
One of the biggest advantages of using a Moisturiser is that it hydrates your scalp. Doing so can ensure your hair grows soft and shiny making it quite easy to style. Remember, even if you do not have the habit of shampooing your hair every day, consider using Root2tip’s Twist And Curls Hair Pudding which will help to keep your hair soft and shiny throughout the day. Your hair will not only be soft but will also have bounce and movement.
- Stop breakage and spilt ends
Moisturising is a necessary action that prevents your hair from becoming dry and from breakage. Moisture helps your hair to retain its length and shine. Keeping your locks moisturised is also key to preventing split ends. Dryness can weaken hair, especially at the ends, and this can cause damage and split ends. We recommend using Quench Anti Breakage Creme to keep your hair moisturise and prevent breakage and spilt ends
- Helps to retain longer lengths by stopping dryness
As mentioned earlier, afro hairs can become very dry, which can get quite irritating. The lack of moisture causes great difficulty when styling your hair and can feel uncomfortable too. This is one of the reasons why many people prefer to keep their hairs short. While there is nothing wrong with choosing this option, it is important to keep in mind that using a high-quality Moisturiser can help you style medium-length or long hair. Of course, you will need to put in some extra effort in maintaining your hair, but it will be worth it. When you Moisturise your hair on a regular basis, it becomes softer and smoother.
To prepare your hair for the challenges of harsh environment, pollution, excessive heat and chemicals follow these tips from Root2tip:-
- Co-washing: Instead of your regular weekly shampoo routine, consider co-washing. Use a light conditioner like Cooler2co-wash to cleanse your hair and scalp without the usual drying effects of shampoo, which is particularly beneficial when your hair tends to be naturally drier in winter.
- Daily Spritzing: If you’re exposed to dry heat from central heating, combat it by regularly spritzing your hair. A water-based leave-in conditioner spray, such as Original formula Honey-rain juice, can instantly revitalize dry strands.
- Scalp Hydration: Address dry winter scalp by applying an all-natural oil to your scalp and massaging it for 5 minutes before bedtime. This not only promotes relaxation but also increases blood flow to the scalp, nourishing hair roots and stimulating growth. Consider the best-selling 100% natural Scalp Hydration Grow It Long Scalp Serum to effectively Moisturise and target stubborn dandruff at the root.
- Avoid Excessive Heat: If you have naturally dry hair, reduce the use of straighteners or blow-dryers as they can strip your hair of natural moisture. Opt for air-drying and use a quality heat protectant serum when needed. Follow up with a water-based Moisturiser like Quench creme, enriched with Red palm Fruit oil and coconut milk.
- Deep Steam Treatments: Deep conditioning treatments with steam work wonders for natural and relaxed hair. The steam allows for a deeper conditioning treatment, leaving your hair noticeably healthier and smoother.
- Sandwich Moisture Method: Try the Root2tip sandwich moisture method to keep your hair Moisturised for an extended period. The concept of the “Sandwich Moisture Method” is to layer different products with varying consistencies to create a long-lasting moisture barrier for your hair. This approach is effective for all hair types, whether your hair is naturally curly, straight, or relaxed. It helps combat dryness, promotes softness, and maintains the health and appearance of your hair, especially in adverse conditions like the cold and dry winter weather.
- First Layer – Water-Based Leave-In Conditioner: Start with a water-based leave-in conditioner. You can use products like Original Honey-rain juice or the Triple M Miracle Moisture Milk. This layer serves as the initial source of hydration. Water-based leave-in conditioners are light and easily absorbed by the hair, providing a foundation of moisture.
- Second Layer – Heavier Moisturiser: After applying the leave-in conditioner, add a layer of a heavier Moisturiser. One excellent choice is the Quench Creme Moisturiser, which contains ingredients like Red palm Fruit oil and coconut milk. This layer adds further hydration to your hair without weighing it down. It penetrates deeper into the hair strands, helping to lock in moisture.
- Third Layer – Thick, Rich Hair Butter: The final layer of the moisture “sandwich” is a thicker and richer hair butter. Suggested options include the Natural Hair Butter, made with Olive oil and organic Shea, or the Original vanilla-sun Twurly butter. This layer is vital for sealing in the moisture provided by the previous layers. It acts as a protective barrier, preventing moisture loss and environmental factors from affecting your hair.
Keep it Covered: To retain the moisture you’ve applied to your hair, ensure you cover your head with a satin cap, scarf, bonnet, or use a satin pillowcase when sleeping. This prevents your hair from losing moisture to cotton sheets or pillowcases and protects the health of your strands
Achieving and maintaining well-moisturised, healthy, and stylish curly hair is goal for everyone. The benefits of using a moisturiser include hydrating the scalp, making hair easier to style, and combatting dryness, which is a common concern for many of us. The right moisturiser can make your hair softer, more manageable, and overall healthier. Root2tip offers a solution with their exceptional range of hair products designed for your hair. Visit us today at www.root2tip.com