10 Tips to help you grow your child’s hair LONGER than you ever Imagined!
1. Do not style baby hair! – this is a crime so many are guilty of!! It's so cruel to add bobbles and clips to infant scalps… it also creates pressure and can retard growth!
2. Do not add extensions that weight more than the child's bodyweight!! – I see this all of the time a child with fine fragile hair, that is being dragged out the scalp by a 6lb bag of braiding hair! Keep it light, allow the hair to live a little!
3. Moisturise daily like brushing teeth – teach your child that also- make it a routine thing from birth. Whilst you teach them to count, teach them to Spray their hair daily or even wet it in the bath or shower!
4. Do not believe what Granny says – 'she doesn't have good hair or growing hair' – Our children have the ability to grow up-to 4 inches or more of hair every year - it's what we do to it that means we do not see that growth!
5. Do not neglect their scalps! – Children like adults have the same roots and follicles within their scalps, nourishment for healthy growth comes from the blood! massage the scalp to increase hair growth- use a natural scalp oil
6. Do not use hair grease – a) It will not hydrate anything and b) It's really good for babies bottoms not your child’s scalp or hair!
7. Deep condition your child's hair – with a natural conditioner– do this weekly! It will retain length and its not just for ADULT HAIR!!
8. Wash your child's hair at least 1 x a week! – keeping the scalp clean will increase hair-growth - roots need to be clean to push out new hair!
9. Do not comb your child's hair – adopt a Blue Ivy regime!! It will save your child 1000’s of lost strands and length!! Honestly!
10. Adopt fun protective styles – for the first 3-4 years of the child’s life if a baby or if an older child start now- Make a goal for super long hair! Work towards it! Picture the PROGRESS!
Founder, formulator, Hairducation Expert